The general secretariat(CV) is the executive organ of the agency and is responsible for running all operations of the agency. The secretary general is accountable to the board of directors.
General Secretariat - Related Units
- Planning and Programming Unit
- Program Management Unit
- Monitoring and Evaluation Unit
- Finance and Administration Unit
- Public Relations, Promotion and Collaboration Unit
- Investment Support Offices
Secretary General Duties and Authorities
Pursuant to provisions indicated in the fourth clause of the 5449 numbered Law, the secretary general's duties and authorities are as follows:
- Executing the decisions of the board of directors.
- Preparing the annual work program and budget and presenting it to the board of directors.
- Collecting the agency's income and handling all expenses in accordance with the procedures and legislations to be determined pursuant to the 4th clause and the budget and decisions confirmed by the board of directors.
- Deciding on the purchasing, selling, hiring and services acquirement of chattels, apart from vehicles and within the limits determined by the board of directors.
- Carrying out projects which develop the project creation and application capacities of individuals, institutions and organizations in the region.
- Presenting the Board of Directors with recommendations of financial backing upon evaluation of the project and operation proposals from the private sector, civil society organizations and local administrations.
- Monitoring, evaluation, inspection and reporting of sponsored projects and operations.
- Collaborating with domestic and international agencies and organizations in relation to regional development and developing joint projects.
- Providing technical support for local administration planning operations.
- Determining employee performance measurements and evaluating performance.
- Recommending the recruitment or termination of an employee to the board of directors.
- Representative of the agency general secretary, attending national and international meetings related to regional development and forming contact with international agents.
- Carrying out the agency's secretariat duties and other services included in the area of responsibility.
- Using the authorities assigned by the board of directors.